- Rangers beat St. Mirren 3-0 in the semifinal of the Scottish Cup at Hampden Park. Maurice Edu played the full 90 minutes for Rangers.
- Clint Dempsey and Fulham held off Stoke City with a 1-0 victory at Craven Cottage. The win vaulted Fulham into seventh place in the table, ahead of West Ham for the final Europa League spot next year.
- Tim Howard and Everton fell to Manchester City, losing 2-1 at Goodison Park.
- Jay DeMerit and Watford nabbed a 3-2 win against Coventry City while Eddie Johnson and Cardiff City were 3-0 losers in Roy Keane's managerial debut for Ipswich Town
- Standard Liege won easily KV Mechelen, but they are still second in the table behind Anderlecht on goal differential. With both clubs on 70 points, Liege trails their rivals by four goals with three games remaining.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Posted at 6:46 AM