Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tonight's Big Game...

Earlier today we had our first Euro 2008 quaterfinal and now The MNT Blog and friends have moved down to the hotel bar ahead of tonight's big game...that's right- Chivas USA vs. Chicago Fire! Lots of subplots in this one, but of most importance is how our players fare.

There's been a huge buzz in the team everyone is looking forward to watching the game. We couldn't help getting some predictions - so far there are three people picking Chicago, two picking Chivas, and one picking a draw. That draw? General Manager Pam Perkins, who is required by her job description to remain neutral in situations like these. Other than that, the picks will remain nameless...So we've separated into Chivas and Fire supporter sections and the game is about to kickoff! Who are you guys picking for this one?

3 comments:

Scott said...

FC Dallas, since Kenny Cooper should be in the squad...

But seriously, I enjoy watching Sacha play, I'll take Chivas USA(man they should rename that team)

Paul B said...

I'm going with the Goats...Sascha just scored while I was writing this, actually...and Razov is just pure magic in my book. I've always wondered why Razov hasn't been in the USMNT picture for a long time. Sure, he's 34 but he still has wheels and that mad left foot.

Amy said...

Yeah, they may be down 2-0 already, but I will always root for my beloved Fire. Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire Go! Fire Go! Fire Go-o-o!