Monday, January 5, 2009

How Did Santa Do?

On the ride over to the offices of the Santa Monica Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group for pre-season physicals, we spent time getting to know some of the younger members of the team, and what better start than to talk about how they spent their holiday season: sharing time with family and loved ones, appreciating the spirit of togetherness and renewal, shopping like mad for last-minute gifts ... well, maybe that's just us.

In any case, we took a survey on the gift highlights of 2008. Of course it's always better to give than to receive, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy both!

Geoff Cameron
Best Given - I gave my girlfriend a plane ticket to come visit me in Houston. She's still finishing up school in Rhode Island, so it's great when we get a chance to spend time together.

Best Received - My girlfriend got me a Guess watch. She really hooked me up this year.

Sean Franklin
Best Given - Everyone in my family got decked out in Nike gear

Best Received - My mom gave me new pillows for my bed. It was one of those things that I really needed, but never wanted to go out and get.

Jack Jewsbury
Best Given - We are having a baby girl in May, so we gave our parents webcams so they will be able to see the little one

Best Received - My parents gave us a video camera so we can start recording the memories when our daughter is born

Chris Wingert

Best Given -I gave my sister and her husband an air hockey table. They have a nice finished basement, so it fit nicely. And yes, my sister was pretty fired up! I was over their house the night before we came to camp, and they were playing an intense game.

Best Received - My sister gave me a Blackberry Storm - Sadly, I still don't know how to use it.

Marvell Wynne
Best Given - I bought my brother Batman's Gauntlets, which are the things he wears on his forearms. I think they can actually stop a bullet!

Best Received - My mother gave me an Oral B electric toothbrush. It's pretty high tech.

No comments: