Monday, January 5, 2009

Landon Touches Down in Germany*

*And by Germany we mean Dubai since that's where the German Champions are conducting their winter training camp.

Landon Donovan has commenced his loan move to Bayern Munich, arriving in Munich camp just after the new year. He trained with Bayern on Friday and over the weekend, and here's an interview from Bayern's website. Here's a bit of what Landon had to say:

"I'm pleased and very excited to be here. My goal is to become part of the team as quickly as possible. I'm confident it'll work out...I've grown up, especially mentally. I'm more experienced and mentally stronger, and I know what to expect here."

There's still a ways to go in the Bundesliga's month long break, so Donovan will have a few more weeks in training before coming back to league action. Second place Bayern takes on fourth place Hamburg on Friday, Jan. 30 so stay tuned to see how things are progressing over in Munich...

Picture from Bayern Munich's Official Website

No comments: