Tuesday, October 16, 2007

TAYLOR'S TOUGH TRIP

Now that Taylor Twellman has arrived safe and sound into Basel, we can tell the story of his rather difficult experience coming here.

Actually, we''ll let Taylor tell it:

"The Patriots are playing the Cowboys at 4 p.m. on Sunday, so I'm bummed because I have to check in at the airport at the same time. Of course that's because I thought my flight was at six, when in reality it wasn't until 9:15. Realizing the mistake, I met my wife and some friends for sushi and watched the game. Long story short, I tried eel for the first time - and the last time. I knew there was trouble when I was outside at curbside check in. It was 40 degrees at 7:30 at night, and I asked the lady checking my bag why it was so hot outside (she was wearing a winter jacket and gloves). That's when I knew there was a problem. I proceeded to go through security OK, but once the full body sweats started I knew my journey was going to take a slight detour. Twenty four hours later, I'm in Switzerland bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and ready to go. By the way, the most humiliating part of the story was showing up at the airport the next day and having all the airline personnel recognize you and recount the whole experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont get it

Not Eric Plunk said...

Me either.

natalie said...

Well, I'm never trying eel, poor taylor.

and I don't get the last sentence, how did he show up at the airport the next day?

SportsBizPro said...

sounds like didn't make his flight because he got sick and had to take another flight the next day.